Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Eve of Fasting: Better is One Day


Psalm 84:10

Better is one day in your courts
    than a thousand elsewhere;
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
    than dwell in the tents of the wicked.


Here we are on Tuesday evening of Holy Week. I look forward to celebrating Easter on Sunday. In preparation, I want to spend more time with God. Tomorrow, the middle of Holy Week, is a great opportunity to spend a day with God. It's only one day, but it is the first day of the rest of eternity.

Psalm 27:4

One thing I ask from the LORD,
    this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
    all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the LORD
    and to seek him in his temple.


As we prepare our hearts for a joyous celebration on Sunday, let's spend time with God, tomorrow. Better one day in His courts than a thousand elsewhere.



This evening, pray that many would spend exta time with God, tomorrow, and througout this week as we prepare to celebrate Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment