Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Dinner: Lift Your Hands

I hope you have been able to set aside some time with us today to worship. If this is not the case (or even if it is), I encourage to review some of today's posts in an extended time of worship. I realize earlier that I mentioned there is no right way to worship God, except to come before Him in humility, acknowledging that He is Lord. While this is true, there are certain postures, if you will, that become a physical expression of your heart.

Whether it's dancing for joy, bowing on your knees in reverence, raising your arms in praise, or holding out your hands with palms up, ready to receive from the Lord, I challenge you to physically express worship tonight.

This first song is one of my favorites. The first line speaks of surrender, giving thanks, and trusting. Then, it goes on to say, "When I don't know what to do...." Are you in one of those places where you don't know what to do? Maybe you don't know what to do as you face a tough decision. Maybe it's that you don't have the words to say. Maybe you don't know how to act in a manner worthy of the Lord. Whatever it is, offer this song up as a prayer of surrender, thanks, and trust. And, as you do so, lift your hands...even if it feels strange and awkward at first.




So I will bless you as long as I live;in your name I will lift up my hands.

Psalm 63:4

Lift up your hands to the holy place and bless the LORD!

Psalm 134:2

Let my prayer be counted as incense before you,
and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice!

Psalm 141:2

No comments:

Post a Comment