Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Year Three of Healing


Wednesday, May 16th, Adam Root begins his third year of recovery from the motocross accident that occurred on May 15th, 2010.

It has been both a difficult and amazing journey. Difficult, because the healing process has been long and frustratingly slow for both him and his family. Amazing, because Adam has defied the prognosis from the doctors, and surpassed the expectations of many who know him.

As Adam ventures into his third year of healing, I encourage all family and friends to join me in a day of prayer and fasting on Wednesday, May 23rd. It will be a day where we will thank God for the remarkable healing that has taken place, and ask for continued improvement in Adam’s health.

Adam would not be where he is today without the miraculous healing power of God. Let’s join together to celebrate what God has done and petition Him for Adam’s continued recovery.

I look forward to praying with you.  Remember that...

   He made the lame walk, and the dumb talk
   And He opened blinded eyes to see
   That the sun rises on His time,
   yet He know our deepest desperate need.
   And the world waits, while His heart aches,
   To realize the dream.
   I wonder what life would be like if we let Jesus live through you and me.
   ~What Life Would Be Like, Big Daddy Weave




Let's let Jesus live through us on May 23rd.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Doug for calling Adam's "Jesus family" to a day of prayer and fasting. That has been on my heart ever since we hit the month of May. The blog was a great way to get that going. Today I am praying that God will orchestrate a symphony of prayer and fasting that will keep the Root family covered in this upcoming year. We will see God do exceeding and abundantly beyond what we could ask or think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed dinner tonight with Adam, Amy & Mackenzie. Looking forward to tomorrow. All glory be to You o Lord, Jehovah Rapha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jehovah Rapha: The Lord That Heals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Psalm 94:18(NIV)
    18 When I said, “My foot is slipping, ”
    your unfailing love, Lord, supported me.

    ReplyDelete